Mentoring Program "Twe Kaw Pha Leh"
German - Myanmar Young Entrepreneurs Mentoring Program
The Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Myanmar, with financial support from the ExperTS program, launched a mentoring program for young Myanmar entrepreneurs in the first half of 2019. Initially, the program was scheduled for 12 months but with the additional funding the mentoring program was extended for a total period of two years. Twe Kaw-Pha Leh, was designed for young people in Myanmar to fulfill the needs of having successful entrepreneurship, supported by German mentors.
What we did:
- A 12 months free-of-charge mentoring program was rolled out to support young Myanmar entrepreneurs in overcoming business challenges and modernizing / digitizing their business
- The program consisted of individual meet ups and quarterly networking events for all mentees and mentors
- Workshops sessions with experts speakers on various relevant topics
- Mentees consisted of young entrepreneurs from 12 startups and family run manufacturing businesses over which 50% are female.
- Mentors are seasoned executives from the boarder German business community in Myanmar.